Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Nice Armor. What's It Made From?

I have layered armor. First, I have a tunic of Brushing Off. This is for those comments that are not too bad. For example a "you suck" or "stupid" cannot make it past this awesome tunic.
Over that, I have the chain mail of Yes, I Am Actually Correct. This is for the harsher comments like "You don't know anything, do your research" and "I know this is wrong because of this" and the classic low level name calling and curse words.
After that, I can either dawn some leather armor for the upper level swear words (look at that vocabulary at this point, must be a genius!) and the personal attacks on either the ever classic "my mother" or "You must be stupid if..." and other personal attacks that people use because they cannot think of anything else.
Lastly is my full out joisting armor with shield and helmet. This is for the rape threats. Threats to a females life. Words that sway we don't matter. Say we deserve what we get. One Tweet I found was from a male wearing a blue button down shirt and tie and it said something to the extent of "Hey _______ look at you. Take the rape as a compliment not a violation". Um, how about no.
Ever wonder why females are so, well, bitchy? That is the closest thing I can find to being "touch". Have a thick skin, people say. Fine, I will. But then we get told we're bitchy and bossy. I have a feminist friend at school who has been told many times that she will be "f**ked into splinters" and that she better "watch her back because I am coming for you in a dark ally and will tear that a** up".
Women are told to toughen up. We are told the internet is a safe anonymous place. Tell that to the Slane Girl from Dublin. My twitter account and online game accounts are as anonymous as they can be.
One time in a League match, someone who knew me referred to me as "she". Once. The next ten chat messages during the round included the word c*nt, bitch, f**king stupid whore, and other pleasantries. Also the phrase "this is why girls shouldn't play games." Ahem...
But rape threats aren't the only thing going on online. Death threats to feminists, threats to their families, ANY kid of threat! The people who threaten females online can get pretty creative. And for some reason they usually write in caps.
I try to not let words hurt me. But they can really ruin my day. It may have something to do with the bipolar issues I deal with. But I'm not going to blame that either. The scary part is that these people very well COULD find where you live and bomb your house. They could track you down, rape you and kill you. That's technology. So it goes beyond words.
The counter side of course is that anyone in America can say what they want. That's your right. Humans cling to that so much that they ignore, well, their human side. There is not a lot that needs to go into the making this world a better place. Humans just need to stop acting like angry apes and start acting like the evolved species they claim to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment